Room Air Purifiers – The Good and the Bad
Room air purifiers also known as portable air cleaners can generally be moved from room to room depending on where it is needed most. They usually contain a fan that will circulate the air and either uses ozone, UV or positive/negative charges. Each has their own benefits and disadvantages. They are an excellent option for anyone suffering from allergies, illnesses and fatigue.
Advantages of a room air purifier are (these advantages will differ by model):
- Traps dust
- Kills mold, mildew, fungi
- Gets rid of odors
- Freshens air
- Gets rid of viruses and animal dander
- Kills germs
- Helps for better sleep
- Can reduce allergies
- Can help with headaches
- Extremely beneficial for asthma sufferers and people with breathing problems
- Some are portable and may be used in a vehicle
Some disadvantages of a room air purifier are:
- All models do not work the same and should be researched thoroughly to find the right one for you
- Some of them can be noisy, depending on the model
- Air filters can get costly
- Energy bill may increase
- Odors may still remain
- Some room air purifiers produce ozone which can possibly be a lung irritant
Two of the highest rated room air purifiers on the market:
- The Austin Air Healthmate HM 400 Air Purifier – roughly $400 – perfect for small apartment or large living room area
- The IQ Air Health Pro – roughly $700 – excellent for allergy sufferers who don’t need relief from odor or gas control.
Room air purifiers can be of great benefit to your health. By shopping and comparing online, it should be simple to find one that will fit your needs. They vary dramatically by cost and by square footage that they cover. Many air purifier companies will offer at least a 30 day free trial with no obligation to keep. The best thing to do is try one and see for yourself the lack of dust in your home and how much cleaner your air is. They are of great benefit and really can make a huge impact on a persons overall health.
According to the EPA, the air inside our homes may be five times more polluted than the outdoor air. Since we spend the majority of our time inside our homes, a room air purifier is not only important, but an essential fact of life in this day and age.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/2117787